Monday, February 19, 2007

Where oh where


After months of various stages of completion, all of my grad school applications are in and now the worst period of all has begun, the waiting period.

So far I have heard back from Piedmont College, where I was accepted, and need to schedule an interview with Brenau. Both are colleges in North Georgia and are relatively close to the Atlanta area. Then there are the Utah schools. BYU has just begun to review and process applications for both programs that I applied to and Utah State will not begin reviewing applications until March.

I figure that BYU will be the next school to send a response and then, last of all, USU will let me know whether they will accept my tuition money into their coffers or not.

So what will all this mean? It will mean moving somewhere. If I decide to attend Piedmont, I will probably have to move to Athens Georgia. This will mean finding a place to live, getting a new job, attending a new ward and so forth because commuting forty miles to go to school is not my idea of cost efficiency considering the high price of gas.

With Brenau I could keep living at home, but I feel that is not healthy. Most likely if I decide to attend Brenau I would move in with my friend from BYU Hawaii, Matt, and live somewhere down by Emory University in Atlanta.

Any of the Utah schools would mean a major move. Provo, if I decide to attend BYU, and living in Logan or close to districts that participate in USU’s distance learning program.

I am someone who likes change and enjoy new adventures and new places. I am also someone who can be happy pretty much everywhere though, and because I know what makes me happy location is somewhat irrelevant, just a real added bonus.

So check back in mid March to find out where Chris Rusch will end up this fall.

0 comments: