Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A bit of a break

I have been very busy lately. I am sometimes amazed at how busy things are now that I am married. But it is all okay. At least I no longer have my BYU practicum hanging over my head. As a matter of fact, I passed the year-long ordeal with an A-. I was kind of doubtful after the first semester, but kicked things into high gear and came out on top.

My interest/borderline obsession with N.T. Wright is still going rather strong. I have read three of his books and am working on my fourth which happens to be the second part of a commentary on the Epistle to the Romans.

While I appreciate the NRSV and the REB, despite all it problems and arcane language, the King James Version remains the translation I like the most and spend the most time reading. Just the overall literary quality of the book makes it worthwhile and one reason why I support the Church in sticking with what should be considered the cornerstone of western thought and literature.

Tina is presenting her GT (gifted and talented) portfolio this afternoon. She most of the day working on it, revising her paper and moving things around in her binder. When she gets home, we are going to celebrate by going out to dinner with Matt and his friends for his birthday. We might do some more celebrating later ;-)

Well, that's it from me. Lots of random thoughts here but hey, that's how my life is going these days. Random, busy, and good. I have a great life!

0 comments: