Friday, March 16, 2007

A happy day

So yesterday I had an interview with the Special Education and ESL department at BYU. I feel as though it went very well. They asked me some questions to which I gave lengthy and detailed responses that they appreciated. Of all the things that they said, what they said made me stand out was my experience and determination. I felt really good about this.

Along time ago my mother said that she thought that I should go to BYU. At the time I did not think much of it, but now, perhaps she was being prophetic. There are so many things about going to BYU that make sense to me in both my heart and mind. But of all the reasons that I could list here, the most important one is that I want to go there. Sure, I have been accepted to programs here, but attending BYU would also allow me take part in other things that are just not available around here.

So now that the interview is done, I have another two to four weeks before I get either the thumbs up or the thumbs down.

But let us rejoice in this victory with the greatest German Disco group with the name of a medieval Mongolian warlord ever.

I give you Dschingis Kahn, anglicized Genghis Kahn.

1 comments:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

You're updating like crazy! I'm loving the personal updates--and I'm hoping, hoping things go well for you with BYU!! It sounds like that's where you'd like to be... :)