Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Journal

Well, we are one month and three days in waiting for a response from BYU. A response could come from them tomorrow, or as late as sometime this summer. My attempts to find out when I will get answer either yea or nay have been ineffective and what they have said has not helped. Of the three times that I have contacted them, they have told me that in about a month I would have their answer. Unfortunately that month has come and gone and the mailbox has yielded nothing.

Lately I have found some things to pass the time. Of those things, writing a reflective journal of my mission in Northern California has been the most enjoyable. This has been a really good thing. I am finding that more good things took place on my mission then I remember. So far the journal is over twenty-two, single spaced, type written pages long. There is so much to be said, not simply in terms of recording events, but how I felt about those events then, and my thoughts on how they affect the missionary experience overall.

As I was writing this, I got a call from BYU. They wanted to have a phone interview with me this Thursday at 6pm EST. So this is a step in the right direction. I am going to do all that I can do to prepare for this interview. Hopefully it will go well.

Let's celebrate this development with some Arrested Development.

0 comments: