Thursday, March 12, 2009

Movies

Tina and I watched A league of their own the other night. It had been over ten years since I last saw it, so it was kind of like seeing it for the second time again. I say second time, because I remembered the storyline and some of the characters. What things even better was we watched it on VHS which kind of cool because the first I saw this movie was on a VHS player.

My favorite parts of the movie are when Tom Hanks character, Jimmy Dougan, tells one of his players there's no crying in baseball, and, while in the midst of a drunken stuppor, kisses the team chaperon. After realizing what he has done, he tells her,"I thought you were great in the Wizard of Oz."

Overall the story is good. This is not your typical "chick flick". It is a good movie and worth watching. So if it has been ten years or more since the last time you watched it, or haven't ever seen it, I highly recommend A league of their own.

0 comments: