Friday, March 20, 2009

Saving Money

Last night I bought a new pair of shoes. It is nothing to get excited about. Really it was a need born out of expediency.

I have one pair of black dress shoes. They are pair of two toned, black and white, Doc Marten's Oxfords. I love these shoes and have had them for about a decade. However, Tina said she did not want me to wear them at our reception luncheon and I don't blame her. However, I am never getting rid of them, and she's fine with that.

So, I needed a pair of black dress shoes. We went to a couple of stores a few nights ago but were unable to find anything I liked enough to really want to spend a bunch of money on. So I decided to check out Payless. Sure enough, I found a pair of reasonably comfortable black dress shoes, and here's the good part, I spent less than thirty dollars for them.

As we were walking victoriously from Payless, we decided to stop in the shoe stores on the way out of the mall to check out stuff. We stopped by Mr. Mac. As it turned out, they were having a sale. One pair of shoes were on clearance for $195.00 marked down from $450.00. I was shocked and amazed. Who spends $450.00 on a pair of shoes other than the filthy stinking rich? Probably the poor who seek to increase their "status" by wearing flashy and expensive clothes even though they work at Taco Bell, though I seriously doubt they would by the shoes, or anything else for that matter, from Mr. Mac. Even if I were wealthy enough to drop $450.00 on a new pair of kicks, I wouldn't. I think I would buy all my clothes from K-Mart.

Someday I would like to get another pair of black dress shoes. I am interested in Ecco shoes (my brother swears by them) but it all depends on my darned orthotic supports I wear in my shoes. They make buying shoes, how shall we say, problematic.

Well, enough about shoes, I am going back to work.

1 comments:

Teeners said...

I don't think that I said that you couldn't wear the Docs. I think you just inferred that. Good job!